(Phone/video sessions available)
What does Psychotherapy treat?
Psychotherapy is used for treating many different problems.
Some alone and some in combination with drugs.
The most common ones are listed below:
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Low self esteem
• Anxiety disorder, including panic attacks and phobias
• Emotional crises
• Marital problems
• Family disputes
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Personality disorders
• Problem stemming from child abuse
• Behavioral problems
• Bipolar disorder (in combination with drugs)
• Schizophrenia (in combination with drugs)
What are the benefits of Psychotherapy?
Participating in psychotherapy offers a number of benefits for the client. It is usually helpful to have somebody who really does understand you. Therapy may give the client a new perspective on a difficult problem and direct the client towards a solution. Most patients will say that the benefits of psychotherapy include:
• Being able to understand yourself and your personal goals and values better
• Developing skills for improving relationships
• It helps the client overcome certain problems, such as an eating disorder, depression, or anxiety
• Obtaining a solution to the problems or concerns that made the client seek therapy